What projects can I specify with this library?
- Plumbing piping and equipment
- Plumbing fixtures
- Gas and vacuum systems
- HVAC piping and pumps
- HVAC air distribution
- HVAC air cleaning devices
- Central heating equipment
- Central cooling equipment
- Central HVAC equipment
- Decentralized HVAC equipment
- HVAC instrumentation and control
Mechanical Specification Library
Over 300 Premium, Professional, or Outline specification sections
in the most current version of MasterFormat™.
A complete specification library for Fire Suppression, Plumbing, and HVAC projects.
Sections included in the Mechanical Specification Library have been written for firms who need sections that cover the mechanical discipline.
MasterSpec is exclusively endorsed by the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) and the National Association of Professional Engineers (NSPE).
Tables of Contents
Sample Sections - 223200 Domestic Water Filtration Equipment
||Premium (Comprehensive text)
||Professional (Full but streamlined text)
* The Expanded library includes the Basic library plus Supplemental sections.
** The Supplemental library is licensed only as an add on to the Basic library.
MasterSpec is the ONLY specification system that has a set of Supporting Documents, comprehensive background research information, for each specification section. Supporting Documents consist of:
- Drawing Coordination Checklist
- Specification Coordination Checklist
What do I get with my MasterSpec License?
- Thoroughly researched specifications
- Extensive instructions and tips
- Comprehensive background information
- Site-based (not seat-based) license
- Regular Updates
- Masterworks software
- SpecAgent and Product MasterSpec resources
- Web resources
- CSI-formatted documents
MasterSpec Specification Formats
MasterSpec Premium - The most comprehensive solution for moderate- to large- scale, extensive, or complex projects. Use for varied bidding and contracting situations including publicly bid projects. Provide detailed quality assurance and installation procedures.
MasterSpec Professional - Full specifications but streamlined for the most common project types and contractual requirements. Professional sections may be used seamlessly with the Premium sections.
MasterSpec Outline - For use during the schematic and design development phases of the project to document design decisions and for cost estimating.
Keep in Touch
Whether it is through Twitter, Facebook, the SpecTalk blog or our newsletter, MasterSpec keeps you informed